6th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2015 Hatch-A-Long

Chocolate Orps
droolin.gif
So jealous, best Valantines gift ever!

I have my fingers crossed for you. I hope the power goes on and you have a good hatch. I apologize if I missed an update on this.
This chick is just plain old adorable!

SO exciting when they start going crazy with action. Cant wait to see pics!

These chicks are SOOOOOOOO cute! I love the assortment, what are the Blue/silverish looking chicks?
Aw that sounds a little terrifying. I hope they are all well and the rest of the chicks hatch fine with no "crime scene" issues.

Cant wait to hear on this one. What did you seal the egg with again?
Emm, these are all Barnyard Mix chicks!! That is my favourite breed and like the only breed i have here!!

Happy hatching!!

No clue how many I have yet. 4 trays of chicks!

WOW!! How many did you set??

@bosingleton that bator is a BEAST

Nice pictures!

That is a nice hatch!

Remember, different breeds hatch at different times. I am sure you will have some hatch.
Thanks!!!

Happy hatching!!

No clue how many I have yet. 4 trays of chicks!

bow.gif
You are an extreme backyard hatch a ho-lick! Awesome!
Thanks jgoldy2. I'll PM you a little later. I'm late getting to my chores and it's pouring rain (yay for drought stricken TX). Not sure if it's icing yet, so I want to get my drive to, horse feeding job done.

What does anyone think of this chick? Cull or wait? I have him in a container (which he's gotten out of, so he's pretty strong), on a damp paper towel.

#11 has hatched and #12 is working on it.

No, not a cull. Use vetericyn, anti biotic ointment without pain killer or prep H. The chick hatched but just has a bit of egg yolk left. It is like an umbilical cord. Turning, incubator temps and etc. can cause this.
Two of the newbies.

Nice!

so far 8 of the 12 have hatched. will get pictures later. I wont out incubator until Think they are done hatching.
Cold this morning in Ceres California in the twentys white everywhere.....I've been sick with a gold very behind on reading here.
Happy New Year all across the country. Sueg
Congratulations! The Rose Bowl parade hat a temp of 38 this morning. It is often in the upper 50s for the parade.

Power came back on just after 4 am. I still had 4 pips and 2 no shows in the bator once the temps came back up. I woke up this morning to one chick and a zip but I'm worried that one of the pips gave up.

The wrong end pipper from earlier was covered in yellow goo and blood and I didn't think it would make it through the night but its strength steadily increased and it looks real good this morning. It has a leg deformity though. The right leg points to the left and slightly behind the left leg. Is there a way to straighten the leg and get it pointing in the right direction?
fl.gif
he.gif
Use vet wrap, pipe cleaners or something to splint the legs. It does not sound like a slipped hock which is something to cull for.

Gevshiba -
Give that chick a day or so. That may just dry up and fall off.

Yay! Chicks!
jumpy.gif
wee.gif

Congratulations!

Unfortunately, he was so active, he stepped on it and pulled out his intestine. I culled him just now. So disappointed in myself. I should have researched that before doing chores.

Unfortunately, he was so active, he stepped on it and pulled out his intestine. I culled him just now. So disappointed in myself. I should have researched that before doing chores.

Don't be disappointed in yourself, things happen that are out of our control sometimes. Nature happens, its the way of life.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom