-7-6-

M-H-Fielding

Formerly known as -7-6-
Apr 10, 2019
Oermount
My Coop
My Coop
I just found out about this new members introducing themselves thing. When I first joined, I didn't really spend much time online, so I soon forgot about my BYC account until about a month ago! Since I didn't introduce myself then, I will do it now.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
No, I had been raising chickens for a few years before I joined BYC. I have been raising chickens for about four years now.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

At this time, I have 17 hens, 3 roos, 1 pullet, 4 bantams and a ton of chicks.
And those are just my chickens. I have 6 turkeys, 2 poults, 1 goose, 5 ducks and 3 pigeons.

(3) What breeds do you have?

I raise Rhode Island reds, many crossbreeds, barred rocks, wyandottes, delawares, a cornish bantam, several cornish chicks, some welsummers, a polish and some leghorns. For turkeys, I have bronzes, bourbons and a spanish black. For ducks, I have two pekins, two muscovies and one mallard. My goose is a chinese white. Not sure about the pigeons.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

I know what my hens eat, so I know the eggs are healthy and safe to eat. I love having my birds walk about my yard, clucking and chasing grasshoppers. My poultry are quite social, and like to have me around.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

I am very active in my community. I hope to become an author one day.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I have one dog. She is small, and afraid of my rooster.
I really like birds of all kinds. I also like horses, dogs, cats and mules. My name is M. H. Fielding.

(7) How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?

I first found BYC when I was researching a certain chicken breed. The info I found was most helpful. I had been a BYC follower for quite a while. I liked it. Finally, I had some questions I knew I had to ask. I joined.
After I joined, I became rather busy and hardly ever thought about going online. Just recently, I remembered it. Since I joined, I have learned a lot more about poultry, partially from reading about them and partially from watching my own flock.

Here is a pic of my little chicks, happy in their brooder.
IMG_3229-1.JPG

I had the opposite experience. I knew about the introduction and that's what kept me from joining for a while -- I wasn't sure what to say or how much, especially since I tend to ramble on.

As a former newspaper editor, I admire aspiring authors. I used to love to write and wish you the best with that goal and with all your critters.

Welcome, M.H. Fielding!

Back
Top Bottom