7 babies arrived today

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by newmom13660, Apr 6, 2017.

1. newmom13660

newmom13660 New Egg

Apr 6, 2017
    Hi all. I am a new chick mommy. I got 7 baby chicks today and i am from madrid ny. We set up a brooder in our living room and they seem to be verry content.

2. Talithahorse

Talithahorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2012
    Hartselle, Al
    Congratulations and welcome. Get working on the coop, they grow fast!!!

3. newmom13660

newmom13660 New Egg

Apr 6, 2017
    We bought the wood to build our own coop but the weather has not been cooperating with us. Its been cold and verry wet out the past couple weeks. My babies are only a few days old and we quickly found out they do not like it if shut the heat lamp off or attempt to move the brooder lol they become verry loud if we shut it off or try to move it lol kinda funny how they were in our home less than 12hrs and already "barking orders" lol

4. Talithahorse

Mar 5, 2012
    Hartselle, Al
    They are demanding aren't they. Hopefully the weather will dry out and you can begin construction. They will need the heat lamp for a while longer just make sure there is enough room for them to get away from the heat and they will self regulate their temperature. Do you know what kind of chicks they are yet?

5. newmom13660

newmom13660 New Egg

Apr 6, 2017
    I did when i ordered them lol but i forgot lol. [​IMG]

6. Talithahorse

Mar 5, 2012
    Hartselle, Al
    Awww, they are adorable!!!! We love guessing games and surprises here. As they grow you can post pictures and others will help you identify what you have.

1 person likes this.
  7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    They know what they need, they are just babies. Please do listen to them. [​IMG] See you are already learning to understand chick talk.

8. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under newmom13660 [​IMG] Welcome & Congratulations; they are adorable!

If you have not already checked it out, I recommend a visit to the Learning Centre; lots of good tips there: https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

When they are older and fully feathered, you can post some pictures on this Forum if you would like some opinions on breed and gender: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/15/what-breed-or-gender-is-this

Good luck!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share more pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

9. BlueBaby

BlueBaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Hello, and welcome to BYC!

10. ninjawesome

ninjawesome Currently being awesome Premium Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Wild, Wild West
    [​IMG]Hi there and [​IMG]! We're glad you could join the flock!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by