7 Biddies' Street

Hey, kiddo! What's up in your neck of the woods? School's out for the summer (we get out and start back early, here), so I've got the next 2 months off to do whatever I want. Unfortunately, I got way behind in my domestic endeavors while laid up for the better part of 2 years with first one broken ankle and, 7 months later, the other. So, I've got a lot of catching up to do. But, it sure beats working any day. One more year, and I retire. Then, I won't have to worry about it ever again.

What're you doing this summer? Are you still in school, or have you graduated?

Hey, kiddo! What's up in your neck of the woods? School's out for the summer (we get out and start back early, here), so I've got the next 2 months off to do whatever I want. Unfortunately, I got way behind in my domestic endeavors while laid up for the better part of 2 years with first one broken ankle and, 7 months later, the other. So, I've got a lot of catching up to do. But, it sure beats working any day. One more year, and I retire. Then, I won't have to worry about it ever again.

What're you doing this summer? Are you still in school, or have you graduated?

Well, my mom and I went camping for 2 nights. We had to come back today because she got a new job and had to work at 2. But we're going back tomorrow after her work. She got a campsite from like Sunday all the way till Monday but no one wanted to go so we cancelled some nights and went down Wednesday instead. Although we did go Tuesday to set up the tent and came home haha but yeah.

My dad might come down some Saturday.

It's only like an hour away but it's pretty fun.

Have had something trying to get the chickens recently, lots of feathers two times but no injuries so I don't know what's going on.

That's really about it here I think.

I hadn't realized you were a teacher! Did you say that before and I missed it or never mentioned it? But oh wow, that sounds awful! Sorry about your ankles :( I can't imagine breaking one let alone both and being out that long :/

As for my school, it's somewhat complicated haha

I graduated high school in 2012 and went to a school in Pennsylvania right after for like a year and a semester (I left in December right before the first semester ended) but then I left there and came home. I left for a lot of reasons but mostly, I didn't like want to major in my major anymore, I was failing all my classes, and, mostly, having a lot of mental health problems, though on paper we put down academic. Anyway, I then took almost a year off and started classes at a local community college the next fall. I only took like 2 though and then one in spring. Then I took like another year, year and a half off, and just started this fall again at the same community college but more full time haha. Sooooo yeahhhh.

Sorry for the long story but basically, no I'm not still in high school but I am still in school. All my friends graduated last year. And most of my friends from this school just graduated. :( I don't really actually talk that much cause of anxiety but we all take the same psych classes with the same awesome professor aha

I don't think I have very many classes left though so hopefully I can graduate in December or spring. I figured it out somewhat too, if I hadn't taken all the time off and/or had taken more than like two classes at a time, I could have been graduating with them aha oh well though.

Sorry for the novel :lau

A little correction; I'm not a teacher, I'm ... erm ... the School Psychologist for this one horse town. Roughly 1000 students from grades k-12, plus pre-school, home school, on-line school, whatever. If they're school aged, they're mine. I don't do therapy, though, I evaluate for learning difficulties and find out what emotional, medical, or neuropsychological deficits are causing the problem. Then I make recommendations to help, and determine if they're eligible for special education according to the state and federal regs. It's pretty interesting stuff, and there's a severe shortage nationwide, at the moment. It requires 3 years of graduate school, just like a law degree. You should look into it if you like psychology.

The ankles were a real bummer, but that's the risk that comes with gardening on the side of a mountain. So, I've had to move my garden next to the driveway - almost done. Both ankles required surgery and a month in rehab, followed by another month or two at home staying off the afflicted foot du jour. Thank heaven for my iPad!! Best thing since sliced bread if you're stuck in a hospital. I'm doing pretty well, now, although the left one - the first break - still swells if I'm on it too much which isn't very much. I still ride my knee scooter around the school because the distances are great. All the 1st grade boys watch me whiz by saying, "Awesome!"

Not only did I have compound fractures of both bones (both times), but I dislocated the first one, tearing up the tendons and ligaments so badly that they couldn't slide it back into place until they did the surgery several days later. So, that ankle is pretty much toast. The second one is about back to normal, now that they've taken out all the pins, plates, and screws it was rejecting. (This required another month or two, staying off my foot, but at least I didn't have to go back to rehab. The nurses were getting tired of me) I think security screenings at the airport may become a problem. One lady told me she went through the same thing, then several years later went on vacation to Cancun. On the way back, she tripped the alarms coming through security and explained about all the hardware in her ankle. The TSA asked, "Can you take it out?" :thThere's one who flunked their IQ test.

Now, where's allosaurusrock?

Last edited:
Sorry! School, technically. But there was an over the top concert. And my dad was mixing it. And we brought my mom and my sister. A bunch of hippies or something that obviously didn't even go there were rocking out to it too. Electronic violin or something? It was weird.

Well, small school districts are weird.

Oh man, both ankles! Ouch. I'm sorry to hear that. I had surgery on both knees at the same time, but that was nothing compared to the busting up that you did. I was walking within hours using crutches.

My daughter is out of school for the year. She's 16 and driving and looking for a job.

Back
Top Bottom