7 eggs, 5 layers???

jtbrown

Songster
8 Years
Mar 30, 2011
Southeastern Ohio
Production reds, hatched end of March this year, first egg middle of July. Normally get 5/5, occasionally we get 4/5, but 2 days ago 3/5 and yesterday 2/5. So low that even though I got home from work after dark and DH had already collected, I went out and checked myself -- under the guise of checking on my ladies, not that he would have missed any
hide.gif
. Nope, I even took the flashlight and checked in the corners, even stirred the wood chips, no hidden eggs. This is a new coop, still installing walls, so no hiding places.

This morning,8 a.m. 5/5! They are normally mid morn layers, lucky to have 1-2 by 8 am. Then went out at 10 am to collect bantam eggs and got 2/4 of those and two more large brown eggs!!!!!!!! Has anyone else ever had that happen? Did several them have a pile up at egg exit site and then drop off the extra this a.m.? Got 7/5? All in the normal laying spot, none hidden. Just curious. Average out, not abnormal, but just strange. Thanks for input.

Ps, I thanked all the girls for their extra effort, and I'm home alone w 5 and 6 year old, they were still in bed, so no pranks!

that happened to us too yesterday! we have 11 chickens, and only 3 were laying. My family had already picked up 4 eggs(we were overjoyed that one other had started laying), but my mom told me i should go down there because she had heard a lot of what sounded like egg songs while i was at school.... We found 3 more!!!!! 7 eggs!!!!!
smile.png
imm still proud

Yesterday must have been the day. I had no eggs in the morning. Last night I found 3 small cream colored eggs. I have 1 Sicilian Buttercup that lays small cream colored eggs. My other 2 lay green eggs.
idunno.gif

Imp

Back
Top Bottom