7 mos old Australorp pullet getting in and out of the nest for approx the last 2 hrs.

TLHloveschicks

Songster
Dec 21, 2018
Central Florida
Should I be concerned about this it is almost time for them to roost and one of my Australorps has been getting in and out of the coop nests ( using different ones there are 5) for approx. the past 2 hrs. I picked up my eggs around 5:30 so there aren't any eggs in the nests unless she has laid one but I am leaving her alone for now not sure if I should be concerned??

Should I be concerned about this it is almost time for them to roost and one of my Australorps has been getting in and out of the coop nests ( using different ones there are 5) for approx. the past 2 hrs. I picked up my eggs around 5:30 so there aren't any eggs in the nests unless she has laid one but I am leaving her alone for now not sure if I should be concerned??
Sorry guys false alarm...I just got another egg at almost 8:00 pm at night! :)

How long has she been laying?
Newly laying pullets can take up to a month or so for things to smooth out,
but I've had older birds lay a late egg.

Last edited:
Hi aart she is already laying....but last night she was moving around from nest to nest for approx. 2 hrs. and it was time to roost almost. I went out there right before dark as I saw she was out of the next from my kitchen window because I have 3 australorps and I saw all three outside the coop..when I went out she had laid an egg at almost 8:00..?? I had collected eggs earlier around 5:00 and I got 10 eggs from 12 pullets I thought all my australorps had already laid...usually it is my younger Wellsummers who don't lay every day...is it possible she laid 2 eggs?

Hi aart she is already laying....but last night she was moving around from nest to nest for approx. 2 hrs. and it was time to roost almost. I went out there right before dark as I saw she was out of the next from my kitchen window because I have 3 australorps and I saw all three outside the coop..when I went out she had laid an egg at almost 8:00..?? I had collected eggs earlier around 5:00 and I got 10 eggs from 12 pullets I thought all my australorps had already laid...usually it is my younger Wellsummers who don't lay every day...is it possible she laid 2 eggs?
aart she has been laying about 4 weeks she is around 7 months old....

Back
Top Bottom