7 week old Easter Egger pullet or roo?

I have many hens with leakage coloring just like that. My Prairie Bluebells all have that, I think it can be like that with both genders when they are mixed breed or EE/something similar.
Not to argue šŸ˜Š
True, hens can have red leakage as well. However, on the second cockerel, the red leakage is only on the wings/shoulders, and that's usually a pretty good indicator of a male. That combined with the large comb is what has me so sure.

True, hens can have red leakage as well. However, on the second cockerel, the red leakage is only on the wings/shoulders, and that's usually a pretty good indicator of a male. That combined with the large comb is what has me so sure.
The comb is large but it lays more flat and is still pale compared to the red coming in on the other. That one also behaves a lot differently, too. Does that change your mind, at all?

I think both cockerels. I thought for a second the black one might be a pullet, but the photo of him standing up and his long legs kinda sealed the deal on his gender, for me.

The comb is large but it lays more flat and is still pale compared to the red coming in on the other. That one also behaves a lot differently, too. Does that change your mind, at all?
No, even though the comb is smaller than the definite cockerel, it's much too large to be a pullet. The different behavior is likely because he's not the dominant cockerel, and is submissive to the other one.

Back
Top Bottom