7 Week Old Lavender Orpingtons Lots of Pictures!

When did the comb start to change color... This is my first attempt at Lavender Orps and I have NO CLUE!!!! With my Marans and my bantam cochin the combs started getting red at 3ish weeks.... so these Orps are SLOW!!! or all girls and well there is just no way given my knack for hatching boys :)
Here is my Lavender Orph. He was born in March of this year. He crowed a few days ago for the first time. The comb changed colors about middle of April. Then I noticed a tail feather curlling up!

Here is my Lavender Orph. He was born in March of this year. He crowed a few days ago for the first time. The comb changed colors about middle of April. Then I noticed a tail feather curlling up!

Oh no no picture was attached!!! I would love to see it to try and figure these out...I want to keep a girl and get rid of the rest due to limited coop space..... I think blue is a girl but I've been wrong before..... :p

Sorry, pic didn't get into postl Here is my Lav Orph. Born in March, he crowed last week! Only once and not since, I've found.
His comb started turning red about a normal time it should for any roo, but comb & waddle did get big fast. I really thought it was a hen until the curlly tail came up! He had no tail till all of a sudden, tail, red comb and crowing began!
until the

Sorry, pic didn't get into postl Here is my Lav Orph. Born in March, he crowed last week! Only once and not since, I've found.
His comb started turning red about a normal time it should for any roo, but comb & waddle did get big fast. I really thought it was a hen until the curlly tail came up! He had no tail till all of a sudden, tail, red comb and crowing began!
until the
Do you have a picture of him as a chick????

I have 3 lav orps and would love to know what you found out about yours? Did you get all pullets? Posts pics of them now if you can. Trying to figure out what mine are....they are 4 weeks. One is starting to turn red but other than that, they all look the same.

Back
Top Bottom