76 eggs and hatching! HELP!

pstines5

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 15, 2013
chatsworth, ga
OK I have 76 eggs in the bator and they are hatching! The ones that have hatched are crawling all over the ones that have pips and that do not! Will they hurt the ones that are piped or the ones that aren't yet? What should I do?

I just hatched a batch a few days ago but I only had 12 eggs. After the first few hatched they were kicking the eggs all over the place. I got so bad I couldn't even watch. I just knew they were killing the poor unhatched chicks. But I had 11 out of the 12 hatch. I read somewhere on here that the hatched chicks stimulated the unhatched chicks. I do believe this because the unhatched chicks were peeping at the ones that hatched.

But having 76 eggs I really don't know. Just thought I would share my experience.

Tina

i would just take them out of the incubator with 76 hatching that would do alot of damage it wont do damage if you take them out early its best to keep them in the incubator for a few hours but sometimes i take mine out after a few minets dosent do them any harm atall

do you ever wonder what a Hatchery does when they hatch 1000 - 100,000 chicks at a time?
frow.gif

Well, OK. but the point was, how much knocking & climbing around on other eggs is there. They also wait till the chicks are fluffed out a bit, so it's not the minute they hatch.

ok, this is just MHO so no flaming! I try and leave it alone and not pay attention to the "arena football" game. If I sincerely can't stand it, I get a spray bottle on stand by. I have my son start spraying in incubator as I pull our hatched chicks to "hopefully" prevent shrink wrappage. It seems to work. If it matters, I use a Brinsea Advance and a Brinsea Mini.

JMHO is fine, no flaming
frow.gif
I can assure you that chicks climbing over & crashing into one another will not hurt them. More damage can be done by opening the incubator than them rolling around. They are a lot tougher than you think.

Well, OK. but the point was, how much knocking & climbing around on other eggs is there. They also wait till the chicks are fluffed out a bit, so it's not the minute they hatch.
they move them into a seperate broode tipe ting for 24 hours with no eggs then theygo onto the strether and moved along keeping them in therecan do alot of damage becouse the chicks in the eggs most get into the rigth postition for hatching or else they get to tired and give up.allso in some other hatcherys they have the eggs held into plave so the dont move if another chick hits them.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom