7th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2016 Hatch-A-Long

GUESS WHO HAS FERTILE DUCK EGGS?!?!?!
celebrate.gif

That is great news!

I thought I had checked yesterday's egg. I was going to call the hatchery to place an order... Know what? No one cares about that stuff. I am just so glad they are fertile!
Now I have to wait a few days to collect enough eggs to set. I'm not waiting ten days though!
th.gif
Maybe until Friday.

For anyone who is hatching duck eggs, the next time you candle could you try and snap a picture of the air cell and post it? I've looked at the diagram but my air cells look small and that they aren't growing. I marked them on day 7 and I know it's only been 2.5 days since but they don't even look like they have grown the slightest. I'm running still air and complexly dry but I can't get my humidity below 45% unless I open it then it drops to 35% when I'm turning but then my temp drops. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

And is it normal that the embryo is favoring one side of the egg? I'm wondering if it's because they where in the carton waiting to be set for to long? I don't remember the chicken eggs doing this. Sorry for the quality of the pictures best I can do one handed with an iPhone.

I noticed the same thing in my chicken eggs: the embryo seems to be on one side of the egg. Don't know if that is a reason to worry or not...

Back
Top Bottom