7th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2016 Hatch-A-Long

Here is a link to the recipe my daughter used.
You do need some sort of a double boiler.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/lemon-curd-recipe.html

My daughter put a layer of whipped cream on top but I enjoy the tartness without it.
She gave use gingerbread cookies to use to dip it on. People use it to make a tart also.

You could use the egg whites for a facial or just feed them back to the chickens. Hmm
Maybe make a meringue for the top.

I move here 24 years ago. last winter was bad by the end of season last year I would just cry everytime I heard snow Are they a Jenkins there is a lot of them here
Nope Langan. They have been there many years! I grew up in Saugus. We moved west about 35 years ago. I love visiting the snow, but have no desire to live in it anymore.

Here is a link to the recipe my daughter used.
You do need some sort of a double boiler.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/lemon-curd-recipe.html

My daughter put a layer of whipped cream on top but I enjoy the tartness without it.
She gave use gingerbread cookies to use to dip it on. People use it to make a tart also.

You could use the egg whites for a facial or just feed them back to the chickens. Hmm
Maybe make a meringue for the top.

Thank you. It seems simple enough. The chickens love the whites and yolks cook up.

Yes indeed- extremely addictive!  I have plenty - but always enjoy hatching more!  I do sell eggs at work (not for profit) and now my customers would like me to supply them with chickens too! There is a youtube video with chickens as the gateway pet... before you know it you'll have goats & cows too!

This reminds me of a Craigslist add that "rented" out chickens and a small coop for a short period of time (4-6 weeks?) - customers that rented the chickens and coop could then buy the coop if they desired after the rental period was up!  Seems like a pretty good business to me!

That gateway thing might explain my ducks, goats, horses and rabbits! :lau
Maybe I should mention the cow thing to the DW.:duc

My husband is two miles away, staying with his mother. He won't even acknowledge me. I'll save the rest, just saying I'm alone too. I just don't know why.
I hope you have a great day tomorrow. We do have our blessings.
hugs.gif
Been there done that. I hope your day has been full of blessings.

I set more eggs today (they're not as dark as they look) and I'm up to 16 turkey eggs on the counter, waiting to go in. They're getting set on Sunday ;) I'm ready for chicks to invade :)

Merry Christmas to me! Another present for me. :) Pretty small for now, but, will be larger soon enough, came from my RSL. Saw Bubba breeding her yesterday. I thought, she's squatting for him, she should be laying soon. Yep!

I put 21 into lockdown last night. 10 SFH's, 2 Blue Copper Marans, and 9 Isabelle Leghorn eggs. (Had 2 clear SFH and 1 clear Isabelle). The BCM is a new rooster and I can't wait to see how they turn out. The blue hens quit laying after these 2 were laid. The SFH eggs came from OH and are German line, so that is especially exciting too. Last hatch the brinsea wasn't calibrated and it was pretty much a nightmare. I think I have hatching PTSD now. Hope, hope, hope
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom