7th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2016 Hatch-A-Long

No progress on my longest pipped egg... 20+ hours now. 3 more are pipped...

When I set the eggs, I had today off - but now I need to go in to work. I hope they wait for me to pop out of their shells!

2 Quail Pips!!!!
yippiechickie.gif

If you want to pay the box and shipping fee......
big_smile.png
PM me if you want...I can get some pictures.
Might need an arrangement like that! My family is not interested. Other than my son's having some of the chickens. Tobin raises the d'Uccles and Rusty raises Sebrights, Polish and has some of the Seramas.

I have a terrible time parting with my calls because they are all different colors. It's like the Seramas colors. You never know what you'll get. I hardly ever hatch my call eggs, cause I'll keep them all!

So sweet! I love their big eyes. The little EEs have those big eyes too.
That's so sad.
I'm the only one as well.
Although my Niece (5) has started taking an interest!

When she saw my meat birds, she said "Yummy!
We can eat those! We just cut off their heads and cut off their legs and stick em in the fryer!"

SOO CUTE!

I told her we HAVE to gut em first!

I try to hatch calls last summer and failed out if 16 4 made to lock down 3 piped and died 1hatch but didn't absorb the yolk completely and passes away few hours later I cried like a baby pack up the incubator and told my bf I was never going to hatch again. He just rolled his eyes at me
OUCH.
So Sorry
Hopefully you get some calls this coming year!!!
love.gif
yippiechickie.gif

I woke up to a lovely blue Silkie/Sizzle this morning and 8 pips that I could count! I'll try to post a picture at some point, I have to work today :hit

I also freaked out for a little bit, my temp is reading 102! Then I took a look and realized the chick had rolled the eggs around and 2 of them settled right on my thermometer probes. About gave me a heart attack, lol!

They are looking good!
You are doing the right thing!

I had a Delaware egg pipped at the wrong end last year--The chick literally smashed itself out like the hulk! It was amazing to see.

Hahahahaha!!!! I bet that was cool to watch. How are your eggs doing. I know I saw yesterday you had a pip!!!

Back
Top Bottom