7th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2016 Hatch-A-Long

Quote:
You need this sign:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYTinpusher

X2 on the vitamins, but you might want check if it is a sticky chick. If it was a little sticky, it may be the eyes are stuck shut. I would not try to open them, but use a q-tip with warm water to carefully clean off the sticky goo.
Good idea. I tried to gently open them but nothing doing. Is Bacitracin ok after washing or just water
I would just use plain water.

The sign is beyond awesome!!
clap.gif

12 plus.

I am a total newbie.

U know any good helpful threads?

I don't know...I have never raised scovies. I know that they were barely classified as ducks and that they take forever to hatch... :D

What color are you getting?

I have only just started raising Muscovy, but I am hooked. I know the eggs take over a month to hatch, 35 days I think. They also come is a variety of colors, but are most common in varying patterns of black and white. I personally have two black/white and one chocolate (not the eating kind, lol). For be quieter than mallard derived duck breeds they are quite outspoken, their hissing is almost comical. I bought half grown birds for my first bunch so I haven't hatched any eggs as of yet, but their are tons of websites. Here is one I found.

http://www.backyardpoultrymag.com/dennis_p_smith/

Back
Top Bottom