7th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2016 Hatch-A-Long

I am just offering eggs here locally if anyone wanted some. I have never shipped, and figure that is expensive for barnyard mixes. I could try shipping if you pay postage and a couple of bucks for supplies.

My most favorite way of getting eggs in the mail.

Egg carton. Wrap egg in paper towel. Place in the egg carton, of course pointy end down.

Put a lot of newspaper in the bottom, place egg carton full of wrapped eggs in.

Place a lot of newspaper on sides, and top. Easy peezy.

When I get eggs wrapped in paper towels like this, I rarely, rarely, get a broken egg. And, I ordered a lot of eggs.
tongue.png
Seems to keep the eggs real snug. I've gotten them like this with newspaper and the bubble wrap..both good ways. Just pack that newspaper in there to make sure the carton doesn't shift around.

My most favorite way of getting eggs in the mail.

Egg carton.  Wrap egg in paper towel.  Place in the egg carton, of course pointy end down.

Put a lot of newspaper in the bottom, place egg carton full of wrapped eggs in.  

Place a lot of newspaper on sides, and top.   Easy peezy. 

When I get eggs wrapped in paper towels like this, I rarely, rarely, get a broken egg.  And, I ordered a lot of eggs.   :p   Seems to keep the eggs real snug.  I've gotten them like this with newspaper and the bubble wrap..both good ways.   Just pack that newspaper in there to make sure the carton doesn't shift around. 

Has anyone tried using memory foam for packing? I would almost think the results would be better than an egg carton.

Has anyone tried using memory foam for packing? I would almost think the results would be better than an egg carton.

I wrap each egg in newspaper. Then small bubble wrap. Then place poly-fill pillow stuffing in USPS regional box A. Then put 12-14 eggs pointy end down nested in the poly-fill. Add more poly-fill until eggs are snug with no movement and tape shut.
I then put layer of large bubble bubble wrap in the bottom of USPS medium flat rate box. Put the taped up Regional box A inside. Add large bubble wrap to gaps in the sides. Place a layer of bubble wrap to the top and tape shut.
Works great

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom