7th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2016 Hatch-A-Long

I am trying to brew up my own BCMs. I have 3 beautiful and pure BCM roosters, and will be setting eggs from 1st generation layers that came from BCM crosses with Red Sexlinks. All the original hens will be culled in 2 weeks. Since this is only gen1, I'm not really looking for any particular qualities. Gen2 birds should start laying near 7/1/16, so then I will start picking eggs based on color. All gen1 layers will be gone by then.

This will, however, be my first hatch in my Ova Easy 100...looking forward to that.

No charge, consider it a Christmas gift
smile.png
PM with your address, and I will send what I can, which may not be many, but Ill do my best.
thank you that's very kind of you
hugs.gif

I am trying to brew up my own BCMs. I have 3 beautiful and pure BCM roosters, and will be setting eggs from 1st generation layers that came from BCM crosses with Red Sexlinks. All the original hens will be culled in 2 weeks. Since this is only gen1, I'm not really looking for any particular qualities. Gen2 birds should start laying near 7/1/16, so then I will start picking eggs based on color. All gen1 layers will be gone by then.

This will, however, be my first hatch in my Ova Easy 100...looking forward to that.

Nice incubator.

Has anyone tried using memory foam for packing? I would almost think the results would be better than an egg carton.

I've it shipped that way, still like the egg carton better.  :)

I haven't read the Great Egg Shipping Experiment thread (perhaps I should). I've had great luck rolling eggs in bubble wrap and taping, then I put them in an egg carton that's had the top cut away from the bottom -once the eggs are rolled in bubble wrap they won't fit in the egg carton without cutting the top away from the bottom. Use masking tape to secure the egg carton and pack in lots of newspaper, then double box with lots more newspaper or styrofoam.

Ok, I have a small predicament.....I cannot post in the BST section because I have posted enough on this forum or site and I am looking to buy some hatching eggs; preferably rhodebar, cream legbar and some other pretty chickens,  large or medium size egg, any and all colors would be wonderful to hatch for my first time during this hatch along. I would like a total of no more than 12 eggs. If anyone could help me, pleaseeeeeee, I would really appreciate it! I am on a slight budget so if I can only buy a few less than 12 if I need to, to afford buying the eggs and shipping. Also if anyone knows of any Golden 300 duck eggs and / or Ancona duck eggs for sale, I would be like totally psyched!!! Pleaseeeeee someone help me make my dreams a reality here :) :) :)

Sarasweatman breeds Anconas, you can find her here by that name or on FB. Good luck!

frow.gif
Hello ALL! I would like to join in too! I fired up the Hovabator a week ago and everything is looking good. I have a doz duck eggs coming next week from Metzer farms and expect to be able to set them by the end of the week. Just in time for the Hatch-A- long : ) This will be my first time hatching little duckies! Wish me luck!

frow.gif
Hello ALL! I would like to join in too! I fired up the Hovabator a week ago and everything is looking good. I have a doz duck eggs coming next week from Metzer farms and expect to be able to set them by the end of the week. Just in time for the Hatch-A- long : ) This will be my first time hatching little duckies! Wish me luck!

Hi and Welcome!

It is great having you here to hatch with us. I have added you to the members list.

Back
Top Bottom