7th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2016 Hatch-A-Long

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by ronott1, Nov 10, 2015.

1. shahtir101

shahtir101 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2015
    I hope you find some

2. ChickaLong

ChickaLong Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2013
    Southern California
    I am hoping for black sex links if the pullets start laying. I have LF cochins located as a back up.

3. S5apiotrowski

S5apiotrowski Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2014
    I have a backyard mix. I'm looking for local flock owners that may want to swap hatching eggs for a real treat - a new years surprise!

4. NTBugtraq

NTBugtraq ex-Surgeon General

I am trying to brew up my own BCMs. I have 3 beautiful and pure BCM roosters, and will be setting eggs from 1st generation layers that came from BCM crosses with Red Sexlinks. All the original hens will be culled in 2 weeks. Since this is only gen1, I'm not really looking for any particular qualities. Gen2 birds should start laying near 7/1/16, so then I will start picking eggs based on color. All gen1 layers will be gone by then.

This will, however, be my first hatch in my Ova Easy 100...looking forward to that.

5. silly4buttons

silly4buttons Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2013
    Billerica Ma
    thank you that's very kind of you[​IMG]

6. silly4buttons

silly4buttons Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2013
    Billerica Ma
    yes they are! everyone on here is very kind and helpful.

7. ChickaLong

ChickaLong Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2013
    Southern California
    Nice incubator.

8. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA

I haven't read the Great Egg Shipping Experiment thread (perhaps I should). I've had great luck rolling eggs in bubble wrap and taping, then I put them in an egg carton that's had the top cut away from the bottom -once the eggs are rolled in bubble wrap they won't fit in the egg carton without cutting the top away from the bottom. Use masking tape to secure the egg carton and pack in lots of newspaper, then double box with lots more newspaper or styrofoam.

Sarasweatman breeds Anconas, you can find her here by that name or on FB. Good luck!

9. chicknlove

chicknlove Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2012
    Oregon
    [​IMG]Hello ALL! I would like to join in too! I fired up the Hovabator a week ago and everything is looking good. I have a doz duck eggs coming next week from Metzer farms and expect to be able to set them by the end of the week. Just in time for the Hatch-A- long : ) This will be my first time hatching little duckies! Wish me luck!

10. ronott1

ronott1 Daily Digest Guru Premium Member Project Manager

Hi and Welcome!

It is great having you here to hatch with us. I have added you to the members list.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by