8 Month-Old Partridge Cochin Rooster

BethanyCarpenter

Hatching
Jan 16, 2022
West Virginia
Hi,
I am looking to rehome a Partridge Cochin and live in the Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia. He has been fed Scratch and Peck feed and organic herbs, so I would like him to go to a home where he is fed well if anyone is interested. He has been a little too aggressive with our hens and is a little high-strung, but he would do well if he could free-range more frequently. I am listing him here, because he does not crow and I know there are some people who live in neighborhoods that would be interested in a rooster that does not make noise. We raised him as a surprise chick from McMurray Hatchery and would keep him if we had a good place right now to separate roosters and hens. Please let me know if interested and willing to travel or live locally.

Thanks,
Bethany

Attachments

• DSC_0143.JPG
    DSC_0143.JPG
    595.8 KB · Views: 28
Hi,
I am looking to rehome a Partridge Cochin and live in the Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia. He has been fed Scratch and Peck feed and organic herbs, so I would like him to go to a home where he is fed well if anyone is interested. He has been a little too aggressive with our hens and is a little high-strung, but he would do well if he could free-range more frequently. I am listing him here, because he does not crow and I know there are some people who live in neighborhoods that would be interested in a rooster that does not make noise. We raised him as a surprise chick from McMurray Hatchery and would keep him if we had a good place right now to separate roosters and hens. Please let me know if interested and willing to travel or live locally.

Thanks,
Bethany
Hey! Oh my gosh. Is he amazing. i would love to do this but I live in connecticut, and i would like to work it out with some people. Im not sure im able to do this at all, but i would love to if i could. It is a very long drive for me, and im unsure if some people living with me would be okay with it so ill discuss with them. ill let you know if its possible for me to take him, he looks like a charmer.

Hey! Oh my gosh. Is he amazing. i would love to do this but I live in connecticut, and i would like to work it out with some people. Im not sure im able to do this at all, but i would love to if i could. It is a very long drive for me, and im unsure if some people living with me would be okay with it so ill discuss with them. ill let you know if its possible for me to take him, he looks like a charmer.
Oh Wow; yes Connecticut is far away from here . Jesse would be one amazingly lucky guy to be rehomed with someone who would go to that length for him!

Attachments

• DSC_0152.JPG
    DSC_0152.JPG
    461.9 KB · Views: 12
I dont think ill be able to do it. :( i do hope he finds a lovely home, and hes a complete charmer. I’ll definitely let you know if something changes.

Hi,

Thanks,
Bethany
Im so sorry i keep going back and forth. I wanted to give you some information from my way as it has become a bit of a possibility on our end in getting him.
we have some small chickens, we have 1 cochin i would want him introduced to (shes small and very friendly, id like to breed her sometime) 3 being young chicks, and 3 being a flock that loves to wander about. (Not including a mini serama that pretty much lives indoors as the serama doesnt interact with the big ones nor babies) i would like considering breeding in the future, could i know a bit more info on him? Is he okay with not a ton of hens? his age? And if he obsessively mates and such? Thank you! So sorry to bother you. I just didnt want to give a for sure yes before because i was contemplating travel time and all, but he seems lovely to own, and im very intrested in having him in our flock! Thank you! he looks amazing, good age, and the fact he doesnt crow is already so good for me. There will be more ladies being added soon.

Last edited:
I think he would be okay if he could free-range much more. We try to let the chickens out to free-range as much as we can, but mostly they are cooped up and in their run. He's been high-strung since we had him as a chick. He was so cute-looked kind of like a penguin, and we named him Jenny (because his personality reminded me of the book character Jenny Wren), but when we found out we had a rooster instead of a hen we changed his name to Jesse. You are welcome to him, but I wouldn't want you to travel all this way and not end up happy, as we are trying to figure out what to do with him because he has been too aggressive with mating with the other hens and he drew blood from one of our Buff Orpingtons (she's the top hen-a week older than him). I don't think he's mean but kind of ADHD-like if that makes sense? I wonder if he doesn't crow because of a health issue? He looks very healthy and otherwise is healthy, but I feed them well and we put oregano oil in their water and give goat milk kefir, etc, so maybe that masks an underlying issue. I just said to my daughter that I want to look up information on detoxing chickens from heavy metals, and don't know if he has that problem or not, but it's what's popping up in my head as I write for whatever reason. Since he was a surprise chick from McMurray Hatchery, I don't know if he was vaccinated or not. Our two Black Australorps (Poppy and Clover) were very protective of him when he was a chick, and he seems to treat them the best. I wouldn't mind sending them with him to a new home, even though I love those two; they are so sweet.

Back
Top Bottom