8 Week Muscovy-- Gender ?

Jjfester

Chirping
5 Years
Jun 17, 2015
DuPont, Washington
I have 2 almost 8 Week Muscovy and I was wondering if anyone could take a guess as to whither these are male or female?

They both appear to be around the same size and I cannot tell with their legs and feet since I have nothing to compare to.

Would anyone mind trying to take a crack at it? Also when do they start getting their more telling signs of sex?

I can try and get better pictures if needed, wasn't sure which angle was best. Thank you in advance

Hmm...the one on the left seems to have a bit more of a boyish build and the one on the right seems to look a little more like a girl. It's a bit early to tell for sure, though.

When comparing their feet, do they both have the same size? If they are the same size then they are probably the same gender.

Mine were about 10 weeks here. Male on the left and female on the right.

Males will also have longer bodies. From the end of their wing feathers to the tip of their tail will be a longer distance. These were my first ducks so I didn't realize what sex they were until 10 weeks but now looking back I should have known at about 4 weeks. Here are 2 females on the left and 2 males on the right.

Also, males will keep the fuzz on the back of their neck longer than females

Last edited:
Wing growth is a key telling factor for me. Females' wings will grow much faster than males'. When the females have visible primary sprouts, the males won't yet.

Back
Top Bottom