8 week old goslings leg problems.

Billie jean

Hatching
Jul 10, 2020
So my ebden geese have 5 goslings all fine now about 7/8weeks old just starting to get feathers. 2 days ago I went out and one of the goslings kept laying down and falling over. Iv moved him in with my ducklings and chicks away from the adults a d other geese. Now he keeps flipping himself over onto his back and can't get himself back over and what looks like splayed legs... Any advice would be greatful. I know it may not be a good outcome tho.

Sorry to hear about your gosling.

A little bit more information about the gosling and your setup would be helpful to us narrowing down what it may be that affecting him.

What are they being fed, what are they being housed on, did you notice the gosling acting off before or was this sudden, have you had any problems in the past with your birds, if so what, a few pictures of their setup, and a video of the gosling flipping onto its back would be helpful.

In case you have a hard time doing so, to post a video here you'll need to upload it to a video platform like youtube or Vimeo, and copy and paste the link here.

Sorry to hear about your gosling.

A little bit more information about the gosling and your setup would be helpful to us narrowing down what it may be that affecting him.

What are they being fed, what are they being housed on, did you notice the gosling acting off before or was this sudden, have you had any problems in the past with your birds, if so what, a few pictures of their setup, and a video of the gosling flipping onto its back would be helpful.

In case you have a hard time doing so, to post a video here you'll need to upload it to a video platform like youtube or Vimeo, and copy and paste the link here.
So iv never had a problem before I have a very large indoor and outdoor area with a ponx that houses my geese ducks and chickens. My incubated ones are kept separate under a light, but he was hatched of by my breeding pare so left with them. Fed on a mix of chick crumb corn and poultry crumb along with veg ect most days thsys left over. It came on within a day. No illness or signs before hand.

What material are they being housed on?

And could you get some pictures and a video for us?
I can't get a video atm as he's sitting normally chilling with my ducklings but this is there enclosure they also get lit out into the garden

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200710_190614_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    Screenshot_20200710_190614_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    397.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20200710_190504_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    Screenshot_20200710_190504_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    413.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20200710_190456_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    Screenshot_20200710_190456_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    461.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20200708_202645_445.jpg
    IMG_20200708_202645_445.jpg