8 wk Chick Lethargic

Somewhere_In_The_Clouds

🎶 Broken turns to Beautiful 🎶
Premium Feather Member
Nov 12, 2022
Australia
My little 8wk old buff chick has been lethargic for 3-4 days. I think it was day two I gently felt her crop to see if she had been eating, it was very full but felt like liquid not food. By the evening of the next day her crop was completely empty. She has lost a fair amount of weight and has a poor sense of balance. She is currently by herself and is being good at eating watery chick starter. Yesterday and today she seems to be more active. I've been giving her Nutri-Gel (only thing I have on hand currently) in water and I cannot see any blood in her droppings. None of my other chicks are sick at all, it's just Sunny.
20221120_164742.jpg

If you can get amprollium, coccipro, coxoid or baycox for treatment of coccidiosis, I would do that. A slow puffy crop can be common during coccidiosis, and ofther symptoms are weakness, lethargy, hunching or puffed up appearance, diarrhea, and poor appetite.
I did not see a notification for this! Thank very much for the reply! Sunny has improved greatly. I have something called Cocciprol which seems to contain Amprolium, can I treat her anyway aswell as the other five chicks she was with?

This is the second day of the medication in the water, two of the chicks she was with are showing the same symptoms so have also been getting the medication. Is there anything else I should be doing?
Is it wise or advisable to give the 1 and 2 week old chicks a treament aswell even tho there hasn't been any contact with each other? I dont want them getting sick.

Back
Top Bottom