8th-annual-byc-new-years-day-2017-hatch-a-long

I went to let them out (coops are under some big valley oak trees, so no snow in them) and after many skeptical vocalizations, they decided to stay put.
I also finished the new outdoor quarters for the Dec 1 hatch. They're in the car port. We are due for some very wet weather, so this will have to do until they can finally go outside.

Nah.....a cpl did jumped out the door frame but as they landed outside they jumped back in....it was fun though.
Mine have all jumped down, but haven't figured out how to get back up again. So each night they pile up in a corner and we have to climb in and put them up in the coop. If we get a dry couple of days, I will try working with them on the ladder - see if they can figure out how to get up and down without taking a flying leap.

Today's due date on 40 eggs that went to lockdown and there's nothing yet. We had an outage a cpl days ago for an hr or so but that happened also on Dec and had no problems on my 24th and 31st hatching and the power was out for over 3 hrs!!! Hmmmm.....to make things worst, cold front moved in last night and this mornings temp was 32 degrees and my sportsman showed 89 degrees....hopefully everything is ok and just a small delay.

Today's due date on 40 eggs that went to lockdown and there's nothing yet. We had an outage a cpl days ago for an hr or so but that happened also on Dec and had no problems on my 24th and 31st hatching and the power was out for over 3 hrs!!! Hmmmm.....to make things worst, cold front moved in last night and this mornings temp was 32 degrees and my sportsman showed 89 degrees....hopefully everything is ok and just a small delay.

We will be hoping for you to have a good hatch!

I just put eggs in for another hatch 16 of them left all the blue out
as does not appear any are fertile due 28th or 29th.. ended up with three of the last
going to nice young folks wanting 3 let them pick, then a text from a gentleman wanting the other
5 where suppose to equal out for theceltichorse bless her soul she said let him have them
he wants the fresh fertilizer for the garden has a chicken tractor in mind.
This hatch will be large enough if others want a few she Marcel will still round out her flock

I heard that Texas had a cold spell! Wow, unreal. I heard it was 62 degrees on Tues. then the 32 degrees!

I heard that Texas had a cold spell!   Wow, unreal.  I heard it was 62 degrees on Tues.  then the 32 degrees!  

I have my sportsman outside in my carport. I went ahead and covered it with two thick blankets, supposed to be down to 31 degrees in the morning. Its 39 right now.

Back
Top Bottom