8x8 Shed/Coop is done!

Creteloc

Songster
5 Years
Sep 29, 2017
Northern Utah
Thanks for all of your help! I couldn't have done it without all of your help and ideas. I wish I could thank everyone personally for their ideas. I stole SO many ideas for this coop. The run is almost done but isn't ready for pictures yet. This is an 8x8 shed that I built all by myself (much to my husband's dismay) and converted for my 6 chickens.

The floor is wooden and covered in BlackJack 57 and pine shavings. The BlackJack 57 was so very easy. Just stir it and paint it on in a thick layer. Let it dry and cover it in pine shavings. Very easy!

20180609_084028.jpg

Here is their roosting bar with Sweet PDZ below it and their ramp.

20180609_084035 (1).jpg

Beneath the roosting bar, I built a storage cabinet so I can keep their food, grit, pine, etc all in the coop. It'll be in sealed metal storage buckets.

20180609_084049.jpg

This is their way out to the run. It's a dog door with a plastic flap. I started with pieces of thin fabric and they are now using the plastic flap like pros. The plastic flap keeps out Utah's cold winds and keeps leaves and such out of the coop.

20180609_162813.jpg

This is what I use for a nesting box. It's a kitty litter. There are 2 for my 6 chickens. Above that, I printed a little box for the light switch.

20180609_162831.jpg

There's a solar-powered ceiling fan and light. The fan comes on automatically when it's sunny, but the light has to be switched on.

20180609_165110.jpg

Food and water, protected by hinged wooden beams so they don't get on top and poop up there. That drives me nuts when they do that. The feeders are no-spill feeders that I swear by. I'm working on getting 2, 5-gallon buckets to replace their smaller waterers.

2018061095143755.jpg

My Sussex's are already living in the coop. My EE and RiR haven't integrated yet. Once the run is done, I will split the run in half and integrate the two groups over the next couple of weeks.

Thanks for looking :) I'm pretty proud that I managed to build something all by myself. I'm a computer geeky woman and don't build anything. The shed kit came from Lowes for $600 and took me 4 1/2 months to complete, but I did it!

Printed a box? As in 3D printed a box? Love it. I missed your comment about being computer geeky then when I saw that after it made much more sense. My computer geeky bro just had to teach me how to take a screen shot today on my phone so I appreciate those brains. Lol. Nice job!

Back
Top Bottom