9 missing Muscovies!

ozark hen

Living My Dream
15 Years
Apr 4, 2007
Mansfield, MO
It stormed here all night, lightening, thunder, torential downpours.....................ducks have the choice of going into the trees or their open pen each night. BIG OUTSIDE DOG has his pen beside the duck pen. I got up this morning during the continuing storming and looked outside...no ducks anywhere!!! I grabbed my rain jacket and went out into the storm in my p.j.s. I opened the coop...two muscovies had gone in there last night. When I came out I saw one on the other side of the house. Again walking through the rain and loud crashes of thunder....no more ducks!! Sadly, I went to check on the dog who was not in his large dog house but standing in the rain!! No wonder he was standing in the rain....his dog house was full of ducks!!! I took him out and put him in another pen where the poor guy has been asleep since. Standing in the rain all night kept him awake, but the ducks were dry
hu.gif
So needless to say all is well again here.
smile.png

Well Carrie that had a much better ending than I was expecting, thank goodness. Poor pup, Glad you found them all safe and sound, the ducks anyway. I awoke to flooding this morning, I have a three foot deep ditch between my Guineas pen and my dogs pen, luckily it could wash under the chicken coop, what a mess.

chicks rule, I see where we all have more storms coming tonight, oh yea, more rain!
barnie.gif

This "pup" when standing on his back feet is taller than I am. He can stand up and completely look over his five foot fenced in pen. I wouldn't turn him loose as Saturday, while loose he chased one of the muskovies through the fields with me screaming like a banchee running far (very far) behind them trying to get him to stop. He had the duck down twice but when it was all over nothing was wrong with the duck
hu.gif
? I was so afraid for them to be around him and now they spent the night with him???
idunno.gif
I was very happy to see that they were all well. Miss Prissy I think it was pay back from the ducks.
smack.gif

Back
Top Bottom