90% humidity Day 20..... Is that Bad?

picklezoet

In the Brooder
11 Years
Nov 10, 2008
Washington, NH
I have my bator on "lockdown" and I just noticed the humidity increased to 90%+/- a few. Is that too high? I read somewhere that high humidity could drown them essentially killing the hatching chicks.

Any advice or maybe someone who had this in the past?
I live in NH so it is not that humid outside of the incubator.

Thanks,
Cat

fl.gif

Quote:
are your plugs out of the bator? what kind are you using? Id stick to 75-80%-thats what Ive been told a bazillion times

I agree I would lower it. don't know what kind of bator you're using but if you need to you can add water or take it out by using a straw with a nasal aspirator thought the vent holes... Good luck with your hatch!
fl.gif

are your plugs out of the bator? what kind are you using? Id stick to 75-80%-thats what Ive been told a bazillion times

Yep the plugs are out, they were the red rubber kind.

That is what I was aiming for too. It was at %85 yesterday and I cam in today to see it around 90. I hope these are ok.​

I agree I would lower it. don't know what kind of bator you're using but if you need to you can add water or take it out by using a straw with a nasal aspirator thought the vent holes.

Thank You! That is exactly what I was wondering. I couldn't think of how to remove some water from the wells.​

I would remove some of the water. That level of humidity is a little too high. I try and keep mine between 70 and 75% the last 3 days. The humidity tends to rise once they start pipping and hatching. Do you have any pips maybe?
droolin.gif

I think I know what happened. I went to slowly move the incubator off my classroom floor and up on my lab table (I wanted it out of view while they were developing) it seems that I must have spilled water into a section next to the well that have vent holes. Well the water suctioned the bottome to the floor as I was trying to lift it up. I cleaned it up. Hopefully that helps. Sigh... We'll see. I did see movement at least. That bator is due on Thursday. The other bator had cheaping as I was leaving for home this afternoon. Crossing my fingers that I will see chicks in the morning.

Back
Top Bottom