9100 Chick-Bator 110V

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by LlamaChick, Mar 8, 2009.

1. LlamaChick

LlamaChick Out Of The Brooder

Dec 1, 2008
    Llama Country
    Is this a good incubator? Does it have good temp and humidity? I want somthing good but don't have an arm and a leg to pay for it! Thanks

2. brooster

brooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2007
    northwest Ohio
    if its the little yellow dome thing, then no. Search your local craigs list for a used incubator. If you can spend $50 then get a hova-bator, cant go wrong with them. You can also build your own. Or if you have a good hen then they could do it for you.

3. LlamaChick

Dec 1, 2008
    Llama Country
    My incubator would hatch my first chickies so no good broody yet! Do you have any personal experiance with the incubator or are you speculating?

Thanks

4. Keisha

Keisha Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Iowa
    https://www.gqfmfg.com/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=273
    I
    have no personal experiance with that incubator, but I haven't ever read a good review on it. I would think that with it being so little, and plastic that you would have a hard time hatching anything in it.

I have a LG still air with a turner, and I hate it, and do not have good luck with it. I really wish I would have gone for the more expensive hovabator, and saved myself some time, money, and eggs. I plan on buying the Hovabator Genesis 1588 sometime this spring.

5. LlamaChick

Dec 1, 2008
    Llama Country
    Thanks everyone has sung the 1588's praises so I might just have to take the plung! I just figured that since you can only fit 3 eggs that was why no one used it! Thanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by