911 EMERGENCY Eggs Hatching then Dying in the Brooder??? Too Hot??

RickiHupp

Songster
11 Years
Sep 24, 2008
Newark, Ohio
Please help me quick!! I have 6 chicks that hatched and when I put them in the brooder they died.

2 of them have been in the brooder since last night, 1 has been in there for about 4 hours. All 3 died at almost the same time!!!

What am I doing wrong????

UM....have you checked the temp?
Did you give them sugar water right away? (dip their beaks)
hu.gif

I am sooo sorry!!!
hugs.gif

Temp in brooder is 100 degrees. I havent left them in the incubator very long after they hatched because I have alot more eggs in there and they kept moving them all around. I am doing sugar water RIGHT NOW!!! Wish me Luck!!!

So sorry you lost them. That would be my 1st question as well, what was the temp at. Sounds like it could have been too hot and they couldn't get to a cool spot.

Quote:
That's warmer than it needs to be. They also don't need sugar water plain water is fine and they really shouldn't even need that for a bit. 90-95 is plenty warm.

Okay I moved the heat lamp farther away and I gave the struggling one a little sugar water.

I cant believe this is happening, I have hatched many times and never had babies die after I stick them in the brooder!!! Normally I put them in the brooder and let them get completely dry and walking around good before I put the food and water in.

Thank you all for your quick responses!! Keep them coming, I will keep you all posted!!!

Back
Top Bottom