_-_-_-_-_- When will my RIRs LAy_-_-_-_-_-_-

Most likely between 22-26 weeks of age, so they still have a few months. It is getting colder out so you may not get your first egg until next spring, or late in the winter.

Quote:
Hi ,I am sorry that I am the one to tell you ( you still have to wait at least another 3 months more,I have 6 RIR and finlly after along wait (6months and 3 weeks ) 3 of them started laying.
Good Luck.

My RIR were hatched May 5th and the first one started laying at 20 weeks. I have 8 RIR and I only got an egg a day with a break on Tuesdays for two weeks then I slowly started getting 2 or 3 the 3 or 4 and the last 2 days I have gotten 6. Of course the BR who are the same age could be starting to lay.

I have 4 RIR. All born around the 25th of April. Only two have started laying. Still twidlin' me thumbs waitin' fer the other two to start.

I have 10 RIRs. The first egg was layed at 19 weeks, 3 days. The others followed along at their own pace. They are now 23 weeks and I get 6 - 8 eggs per day.

I feed yogurt and a little extra protein 2 times a week as well as vegetables and some fruits. ACV in their water, and oyster shell at will.

Be patient, and the eggs will come.
smile.png

I have 5 RIR's and they are 22 weeks old and none have started laying yet. I feel like they will never lay!!! My freind has NH reds and they are laying already at 20 weeks....grrrr

I have 5 RIRs that were hatched Jun 4th....I don't expect them to lay anytime soon. However, I have 2 BR mix hens that are now 26 weeks...but haven't gotten any eggs from them yet.
They are eating the layer feed just fine...and I make sure they have plenty of water. I guess all I can do is let nature take it's course!
Good luck on your RIRs laying!

Still nothing for me. Is it usual for you to feel the breast bone in the chickens? Im just not sure if they are under weight or not?
I cant wait for my first egg but it seems like it will never happen!

Guess what !!!! It never did happen. My RIR's turned out to be all Rooster's! I think the women I bought them from scammed me...I mean come on.....ALL ROO'S? Can those odd's even work out?

Back
Top Bottom