A ??? about a dilemma

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by peruvian_princess, Jul 3, 2008.

1. peruvian_princess

peruvian_princess Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2008
    Fayetteville, Georgia
    Ok so i have 6 EEs and one is a roo for sure since he is gorgoeusly marked and has been crowing since he was 4 1/2 weeks old. Well I also have one lone ameraucana chick and one RIR chick that were hatched on june 5. The EE roo attacks my Ameraucana chick everytime I try to introduce them. my question is does that mean my ameraucana chick is a roo too and my EE doenst like him or what? He doesnt even notice the RIR chick. The EE's are only like 3 weeks older than the ameraucana and rir chick. Any input is greatly appreciated.

2. peruvian_princess

peruvian_princess Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2008
    Fayetteville, Georgia
    anyone?

3. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

* Maybe the chick is a roo, too??? Just a thought.

4. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    It doesn't necessarily mean it is a roo. I have some hens that can pretty mean to other young hens and cockerals sometimes. It could be he is just establishing his pecking order. Only time will time if you have another roo. Good luck!! [​IMG]

5. Momma_Cluck

Momma_Cluck Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2008
    N. West Michigan
    We were told that to introduce babies into the flock, to build an enclosure of chickenwire big enough for the chick to stay in a couple weeks IN the coop with the others....
    they all get to live together and get used to each other without physical contact... after a couple weeks-- they should be fine to let loose with the others!

Have fun!!!!

6. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    Quote:This is the method I've been using, and it has worked very well for me.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by