a Blue Swedish with a crest? *pics*

Your girl does look like a Blue Swedish, but just one with a bit too much white on her head and a bit of a big, irregular bib. Swedish are not meant to have a crest but as Kevin says it can happen in any mallard-derived breed. Otherwise, your girl has a nice shaped head for a Swedish and a lovely straight bill :) From what I can see her feathers look very nicely laced as well (a darker blue edge on them, which the breed is supposed to have). Your boy is obviously showing a lot of brown, which is a fault in the breed (and which is actually a pretty common fault), but he looks like a nice, solid, healthy boy. You are obviously looking after them very well as their feather condition is great. I hope your girl is a good layer for you. :)

Some of the hatcheries are selling crested Swedish. Your duck looks like she might possibly be a hatchery quality Swedish, but it is possible that she is a mix. The drake looks like a mixed breed.

The crest is caused by a hole in the skull, so you want to take a little extra care that she doesn't get hit in the head.

You've got some very pretty pets, there, but not breeding stock, unless you just want more pretty pets.

Thanks everyone...yes she has just started laying a couple weeks ago and has laid one egg every single day! The drake does have some green sheen to his head in the right light as well, so he's for sure a mix. I don't plan on breeding them...just love having them as my sweet little buddies!
love.gif

Thanks all for your input!!!!

Back
Top Bottom