A brief hello

KristyHall

Crowing
8 Years
Jan 27, 2011
North Alabama
This is my lats day in Iowa and I just got to sit down for a fe wminutes to say hello.

It has been insane since I got here. I have had little sleep, always on the go... and I'm loving it. Also please ignor my spelling.. I can't think strait.

I will elaborate more when I get home but for now... some of the things I have done while here

Spoke to the professors of University of Iowa and recieved the go ahead on helping one of their students on an indipendant studies project.

the professors I met with are trying to talk me into attending college there and finish the education I left off when I was in the car accident. One of teh professors asked me to tour their museum and give my take on it.

I have taught and demonstraited at Usher's Ferry... telling stories, cooking traditional meals, talkingn about the history, touring the historical buildings, teaching powwow social dances to children. ( Because the potato dance is just fun!)

I ended up SIGNING potatos... I will elabroate on this endovor later

somehow I'm on usher ferry's face book and I look AWEFUL. i was hot and bloaty and ...ew.

I had to go to the grocery store in full regalia... three times.

I ate at A resteraunt with fellow living village actors/demonstraitors all in full regalia/dress/costume.

I SAW AN ICE RINK IN A MALL!

I toured Czeck villag

toured the flood damage in cedar rapids

and fell in love with the Iowa University campus their general library.... OMG. it was... it was... The library was five stories tall and the size of my entire property!

At first I hated Iowa's lack of hills... iot is so flat! But it has grown on me.

when I get home I have pictures... lots and lots of pictures

oh and the village and the university want me to come back.

Sounds like you had a wonderful time!!!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom