A chicken rant

TheChicknGarden

Chirping
7 Years
Mar 19, 2012
san antonio, texas
Never would have known this or believe it if some one told me ... chickens are truly addictive...owning them that is.... I would have never guess that getting two chicks last June I would now have 6 and own 2 ducks... I would have never known that I would be reading anything a nd everything chicken related... Wanting and liking Anything that has a chicken theme... Yeah I'm obsessed... And I have my silkies to thank for it... All I can think of is about chickens.. How to improve their homes... How I want more... The Colors I want .... The breed... How I want to buy eggs to hatch before the eggs I have figured out if the eggs in the bator are duds or not... Names for future chickens... Lol addictive! Who would have thought? Now I am sure I'm not the only one out there who has gotten bitten by the chicken craze bug....
But just thought I share and rant a little while I take a break from reading .:D

We got 7 chickens last June. We bought a cute little chicken tractor that was just right for our little flock. We now have 46 chickens (down from over 60 a couple weeks ago when we sold a bunch of extra roos), along with a 10 x 20 chicken "mansion" with an even larger run. Yep - chickens are addictive. But they're also very enjoyable. I get a lot of enjoyment from taking care of them and watching them. And the eggs are delicious!

Last edited:
Welcome to the club!
thumbsup.gif

:D lucky you with 46! I sooo want more but we live in the city :/ keep telling the husband he need to buy me land... I want more chickens lol .... Or we need to move to Austin cause they can have as many chickens as they want as long as they are kept cleaned and housed... Ooo I am so envious of you with tons of chickens and land.... Oooo sooo lucky :D

Back
Top Bottom