A Chicken Story...

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Cetawin, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    We are in the process of building our coop which is loving being dubbed the Keep of Eggtopia. Eggtopia is the chickens' area and we are currently building the Keep for their kingdom. Anywhooo, we are working away at building the East and West walls when I hear this familiar "brrrrrrrrrraaaaauuuukkkkkk" and turn to see m Light Brahma, Lilly coming my way. I was thinking "What the ????

So I look at her and say "What are you doing out and how did you get out? To which she replies "brrrrrrrraaaaaaaauuuuuuuukkkkkk"

So she insists, by means of hopping, flapping and so forth, that she will supervise this construction. So, a pictorial of the supervision and supervising chicken...for your viewing pleasure and chuckles.

No, not that 2 x 4!

[​IMG]

I do not like it so change it!

[​IMG]

That is much better

[​IMG]

No! Drop it I said!

[​IMG]

Wait...you can't just leave...I am paying you to build this....come back! No more eggs for you buster!

[​IMG]

That was the last time I saw my husband or Lilly...I think she is still chasing him. [​IMG]

Gawd my chickens crack me up! Just for info purposes...she has learned how to untie the twist tie on the brooder cover to get out!

Last edited: Aug 30, 2008
  2. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    That is one smart chicken. You're convincing me that I need to get some Brahmas... [​IMG]

3. tunaoftheland

tunaoftheland Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2008
    Haha, that's great! I'm glad my chickens aren't that smart! At least not yet. It was very nice of you to let her stay and supervise, I'm sure it made her feel very important, even if she was a hard task master. I hope you find your DH [​IMG]

4. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Oh yes...you must have a couple or three or four. They are great! Bossy but great! [​IMG]

5. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    Love the picture story. I have my first two Brahmas this year and love them also.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by