A Coop Out Of A Little Tikes Cube

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by dubchickengirl, Apr 4, 2011.

1. dubchickengirl

dubchickengirl New Egg

Apr 1, 2011
    I have a Little Tykes Cube and considering making a coop with it. Any suggestions or pics? Thank you so much.[​IMG]

2. chicky_mommy

chicky_mommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2010
    Northeast Corner of CT
  3. noodleroo

noodleroo Snuggles with Chickens

Apr 29, 2010
    Rockport, Tx
    Here's mine:
    [​IMG]

4. dubchickengirl

dubchickengirl New Egg

Apr 1, 2011
    You folks are great! Thank you so much. I am having so much fun with these chickens! I never thought I would be raising chickens!

5. ThinkingChickens

ThinkingChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2011
    I have a house I was thinking about using to add more chickens. It goes well with my Eglu. Anyway, what do you guys do for winter? We get snow here and while it's usually no lower than 20 degrees and snow of about 18" it's still snow and blowing snow.

6. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

They do great! I had my girls in one. I just closed up the shutters on mine. Laid a piece of corrigated plastic on the inside of the gap to keep out drafts. they did fine. The air space between the walls provides insulation. Biggest problem is ventilation. I drilled 3-1 1/2 inch holes under the roof line which did the job.

[email protected] will need to add a covered run for sure to give them some outside space when the weather is bad.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2011
  7. 2txmedics

2txmedics Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2009
    Manvel Texas
    here's one of my chicken coops....I have a total of 5...and this one is my play skool coop

[​IMG]
    didnt have doors so we added and used fan grates from broken fans we found....added milk crates for nest, by the shelf in the house, so one under and one on the shelf....

8. Chick named Lola

Chick named Lola Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2010
    Maryland
    Those are awesome! How clever! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by