A couple of the eggs underneath my broody hen look much less developed than the others, but are still moving around and continuously growing.

Oh my! They are lovely 😍

If she trusts you to, you could take the Hatched ones out so she continues to cover the eggs.

I didn't do that, and when the first 3 babies came out she was inconsistent on sitting on the remaining eggs. I didn't know to do this and they stopped. I opened the eggs after and found they had all internally pipped. If I had removed the hatched one I think she would have completed the others.

Update: 9/10 chicks hatched and seem healthy, the 10th unfortunately passed away. I’d call 9/10 a win, however!
8EBA30FC-D8B5-4957-A0DB-553AF97E2E14.jpeg

Maybe 48 hours at the most? And yes she did for the most part. the last one passed due to her not sitting, I tried to intervene but it was too late. But like I said, I call 9/10 a win.
It most certainly is a win! Plus you documented the event so you have instructed chicken keepers to come :)

Don't think about the one who didn't arrive, just spoil the ones who showed up to the party :) (hens never love to share their snacks anyway ;) )

Back
Top Bottom