a few questions on pvc type coops

frickenchicken1

Chirping
Nov 27, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
I have a friend and were planning to purchase chickens, what were planning to do is take turns, so every couple of weeks she brings the chickens to my house to stay for around up to a couple weeks to a month and then vice versa. So what i'll be needing is a light compact run that will be easy to transport. I was thinking of a pvc coop. My question is, do these coops knock over easily by the wind, do you use anything such as stakes, to keep the pvc run down? Is it fairly sturdy? What are your experiences with this type of run, any good? THANKS SO MUCH! for the replies in advance

Last edited:
Do you mean run or coop (or both)? I'd imagine that constant assembly / disassembly will affect the structural integrity after some time. Chickens don't deal with change very well - do you think that the constant moving from one place to another will negatively affect them?

Do you mean run or coop (or both)? I'd imagine that constant assembly / disassembly will affect the structural integrity after some time. Chickens don't deal with change very well - do you think that the constant moving from one place to another will negatively affect them?
I think so.

I would suggest getting your own chickens. Constantly moving them will just stress them out. Why were you thinking about sharing?

Totally agree. Chickens do not like change and that stress will affect their laying. Ultimately you may end up with no eggs. Why are you planning to share chickens rather than having your own? Seems like a lot of extra work.

Back
Top Bottom