a few questions on turkey raising

Here is a math question for anyone that can answer?

If you have 10 lbs of 20% protein and you added 2 pounds of soybean meal to make a 28% protein feed. How many eggs are needed to boost 10 lbs of 20% protein feed to 28%?

Last edited:
You need to Ask Organics North that lady is sharp. I don't care for any kind of soybean and I'm going to try my sprouts with the turkeys no grass where I live until maybe Thanksgiving time. I just scramble the pullet eggs for my turkeys and the cracked or dirty ones. Mine still like day old bread the best but they did eat all of the apple windfalls the neighbor brought over I don't think they are as piggish as the chickens and they don't seem to care much for whole grains they like their food coarsely ground or crumbles unless it's BOSS they love that too almost as much as bread...

Doesn't seem like there is any perfect foods. I would be afraid of Salmonella, mycotoxin or bacteria with spouts? Look at all the recalls on sprouts. I don't eat them anymore so I don't feed them either. Tukeys are the most sensitive to mycotoxins of all poultry.

Quote:
Do you know the protien level of the eggs?
smile.png

Steve

Quote:
smile.png

Steve

I don't, that why I asked the question. I know how to figure protein if I had a number. My guess is it is not high enough to boost protein levels and would dilute the vitamin and minerals. Feeding a low protein will only make things worse. Powder egg whites are sometimes used by body builders but not many. Whey protein has a better amino acid profile and soy is usually left for the ladies.

Quote:
smile.png

Steve

I don't, that why I asked the question. I know how to figure protein if I had a number. My guess is it is not high enough to boost protein levels and would dilute the vitamin and minerals. Feeding a low protein will only make things worse. Powder egg whites are sometimes used by body builders but not many. Whey protein has a better amino acid profile and soy is usually left for the ladies.

Try a body builder food site they should have have protien levels listed.

That link is blank for me. I think I need to figure it out in pounds. I didn't mean that it does not have vitamins and minerals but comercial feed has consentrates added so you could throw the whole balance off. If it is chicken food the balance is already off since they need different calicium phos balance than turkeys and highier vitamin needs.

Last edited:
I found a site that said eggs are 35% protein. That would mean you need to add a little more than 10 lbs of eggs to 10 pounds of 20% protein to make the protein 28%. That is alot of eggs.

well i put acv in the water before bed last night and gave the turks a little mashed up hard boiled egg ( i was cooking them anyhow for the pigs so thought id keep a few aside)
this morning they look so much more active it is unbelievable! makes me wonder if i should be looking at my diet too..im always feeling sluggish and just want to sleep(!!)

Back
Top Bottom