A-frame chicken tractor that folds flat

Do you see any value in a fold-flat chicken tractor?

• Yes - I would use this!

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

ChickenCoop123

Hatching
6 Years
Sep 23, 2013
Grand Rapids, MI
I'm looking for feedback on a design I've been mulling over...
I want an A-frame chicken tractor that can fold flat for storage. This way you could use it in the summer and store it discretely in your garage for the winter (assuming you have another shelter option for keeping your birds in the winter). It would also be much easier to transport (fitting in the back of an SUV vs. needing a truck).
Would anyone here see any value in something like this?

I'm working on a A-frame coop that does just that for meat birds. It's too hot to raise them outside during summer, and I'd like to be able to put the pen away during those months. I'm building A-frame due to the small space and the leftover materials I have around. The sides will be 2 wire fence panels I have left over, and I think the ends will be out of pallet wood, since I can get that free (I spent tons of money on my regular coop, and am determined that the meat pen will be FREE of monetary costs). When all is done and built, I should be able to unscrew a couple of screws on each end, pull up the wire fencing and store it all flat for the next season. I'm only planning raising 6-8 meat chickens at a time--the a-frame pen will be 6'x4', probably 1/2 covered with a panel of corrugated tin (mild winters here).

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom