A-Frame Coop Finished...*** New Pics Added pg 5***

Wow has it been a long time!
big_smile.png

We have had girls in residence since last January. The winter went surprisingly well! It usually stayed 15-20 degrees above what it was outside. The sides of the A-frame are made out of Palruf panels (plastic panels) with one side clear and the other white. The clear side faces the south west.

It was warm in the A-frame in the summer, but as long as the pop door was kept open, ventilation wasn't a problem. Where the front and sides meet is not sealed so air flows through there, and where the plastic and peak meet isn't sealed either.

AS for the nestboxes...we haven't had any problems with the girls roosting inside them or with eggs falling out. They do like to sleep on top of them...which isn't a problem to me as they are so easy to clean off.

Having the earthen floor is really cool...when we go through a rainy spell that keeps the girls inside (their choice) the like to scratch down to the dirt and find bugs etc. The chicken wire on the floor keeps them from making too deep of a hole though.

We combined the chicken & goat yards this summer and added to them, so they are outside whenever they can be
wink.png

Thanks for all the comments:)

Last edited:
Wow, really nice design and execution. My coop is very similar to your but like 4 times smaller
tongue.png
. I love you family, nice kids you have. Wish you luck with your chickens and may the eggs be in your nesting boxes every morning
smile.png

all the best,
Emma

That is an awesome A frame! My hubby laughed when I read him the parts about you cutting the power cord! lol He says that's why we have cordless! I'm sure you are tired of everyone asking about the ventilation, to me it looks like you shouldn't have much problem there with the gap at the very peak. How many birds did you have in there?

Aw, man, for some reason the pics aren't showing up anymore. I'm planning on going with a walk-in A-frame design like this, but I was hoping to show my husband, since he'll be in on the building of it as much as (or more than, since we have a 2yo and 4yo running around) I will.

Back
Top Bottom