A-FRAME COOP

ncgnance

Songster
12 Years
Aug 22, 2007
Iredell County, NC
This is a picture of what I came up with for a coop for our 5 week old biddies. I started with a swing set I made for my granddaughter when she was 2 years old. She is 9 now.
newchickenhouse005.jpg

I took the slide off, added some framing for the polyurethane and plastic wiring and the door. I put the house part under the platform that was for the slide.
Since this picture was taken I've added a drop-down top board on the front for cleaning out. The 'roof' of the house makes a real good place to put supplies like food and pine shavings.
newchickenhouse001-1.jpg

And these are why I went to all this trouble. Actually, it was fun to figure out what to do next, and a whole lot easier than starting from scratch.
newchickenhouse003-1.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks!! Sadly, no, it can't be moved. I probably will just be using it as a "halfway house" for biddies, or maybe if I have to isolate a hurt or sick chicken. And yes, the biddies LOVE it. They had been in a box in the house, and if a chicken can show pure happiness, they did when I put them in the pen. FREEDOM!!! Now, if anyone has any ideas as to how I COULD make the coop movable, I'd love to. My other coops are on runners, but it takes a tractor to move them.

You said that you were wondering what to do next. I was thinking, maybe add some removeable panels to enclose more of it when its cold or rainy.
Really nice job, Karen

Back
Top Bottom