A good Hygrometer.....?

I just went to wal-mart and bought one for $8. It shows the temperature, the humidity, how they relate together, and highs and lows for the last 24 hours. There is no calibration on it though, and I never tested it, so hope it was good to go when I bought it.

I just bought a digital Caliber III hygrometer on Amazon meant to be used in a cigar box. It says it doesn't need to be calibrated, and I believe it is fairly accurate, although I don't have a known accurate hygrometer to compare it to.
http://www.amazon.com/Western-Humid...ef=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1303089604&sr=8-1-spell
The description reads: "This Western digital humidor gauge accurately measures and displays relative humidity and temperature to assure your cigars are stored in the ideal conditions keeping them in prime smoking condition. The Caliber III never requires calibration; there are no springs to stretch or moving parts to wear out. Features easy to read large display, slim profile design, and magnetic mount. Accuracy +/- 1% humidity, +/-1 degree temperature. Full 5 years guarantee. Dimensions: 3.5" x 1.25" x .25"."

Quote:
I had that in my cart just a while ago. Then I decided to post on here and see what kind of results I get. My quesont on that one is the temp thing....says 40 to 92 F on the temp is that right. I would not care about the temp as much as the humidity. After all I have the 8 thermometers I bought for the last hatch....lol. But I ended up with a really good hatch....and NO hygrometer! The one I bought, although I tried to calibrate with the salt and water in the bowl, it never read right.

I just may go back and order this one. Thanks...input is what I am looking for here!

The one I got goes to 116 degrees, I will let you know in about 2 weeks if all is well. I will try to find it on the website and post a link.

I'm relying on the temperature from a Brinsea digital themometer, but the Caliber III has been within a degree of the Brinsea's temperatures, registering temperatures as high as 102 (while I'm trying to set the hatcher temperature). Not too bad.

Back
Top Bottom