a good place to get show birds?

faverolles,silkies, and/or blue orpingtons
tongue.png

Duane Urch raises a lot of different breeds not sure about the ones you want. If anyone would know where to get them he would. He always has an ad in the poultry press. Duane Urch is probably the hatchery referenced in earlier post.

Last edited:
The poultry press is something that I love to read. However it is not very online friendly so I dont think you will find Duane Urch's number until you subscribe.

I am 90% sure this is his phone number.

507 451 6782

He is in Minnesota, he is a certified poultry judge and I beleive a master showman. I have spoken with him a time or two. He is very knowledgable and depending on his mood or perhaps how much time he has on his hands he can vary from polite but breif to very talkative.

There is one other breeder in Minnesota that just came to mind, He has a hatchery as well a poultry incubator supply store.

I believe he is www.sunnycreekfarm

This guy will talk to you

Good luck

Have you ever been to a show up here in MN? I know the BCPPA and MN State Poultry Association both host some pretty big fall shows. Copies of the exhibitor lists are available with contact info on everyone. If you are seriously interested I have scanned off copies saved on my computer.

On the favorolles... Duane Urch (Owatonna) and Mark Peterson (Amboy) come to mind.
I'm don't hang out in the orpington section much, but Tony Ewert from MT Lake has Triple T Orps. Kraig Thoreson of Cedar Pines Poultry from Owatonna usually has some top birds at all the shows.
If you are looking for silkies, I am the MN State rep for both the ASBC and the NSBA. If you are truly interested in this breed, I have some contacts for you.

Just remember..... If you want to be competitive in the show ring, you generally have to stick to buying from breeders. You may have to get on a waiting list and prices will reflect quality. The fall shows are a great place to pick up tips and possibly some stock.

Back
Top Bottom