1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

a good price for pullets?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by sdshoars, Sep 15, 2008.

1. sdshoars

sdshoars Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    Texas
    i found a guy that lives reasonably close to me, and i can not wait until novemeber before my girls start to lay, so i am wondering... he wants $9 a piece for pullets, he said they are almost old enough to start laying. they are black sexlinks, and barred rock. he also may have some ee's and marans, but thats a different story. i want to see his birds first of course, but does that sound like a reasonable price for birds who havent started laying yet?

2. spydertoys

spydertoys Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    Munfordville, Kentucky
    I've been paying $5-$8 for pullets and $12 if they are laying.

3. chickenfever

chickenfever Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2008
    Arizona
    I think it's a reasonable price.

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I think that is very reasonable, as long as they're very healthy. I charge $10 per point of lay pullet...when I have any to sell. That rarely happens.

5. LittleChickenRacingTeam

LittleChickenRacingTeam On vacation

Jan 11, 2007
    Ontario, CANADA
    $5 to $10 around here.

6. WA23

WA23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2008
    Northwest WA State
    The few that I recently purchased a few months ago were 4 months old. I got them for $5.00 ea. Point of lay he was charging $8-10 ea.
    This is the cheapest I have seen them. Usually prices for point of lay around here are @ $25.00 with 1-3 month olds going for @$10.00. Welcome to Western Washington. Outrages prices seem to be the norm.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by