1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

A Good Word about Meyer Hatchery

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by VkyVky, Jun 3, 2011.

1. VkyVky

VkyVky Out Of The Brooder

Apr 13, 2011
    Ventura County, CA
    I just wanted to let everyone know about my recent order of 5 chicks from Meyer Hatchery. I was hoping they would arrive on June 1st, but I picked them up from the Post Office June 2nd. This was in the expected time frame according to the email from Meyer. I opened the box at the Post Office and saw 5 lovely chicks. I got them home and into the brooder. They have been healthy and lively! I am so happy and relieved.

2. salvationfarms

salvationfarms Out Of The Brooder

May 17, 2011
    New Albany, MS
    awesome i have place a nice order with them looking forward to my chicks

3. Country Heart

Country Heart City Girl With A

Congratulations on your special delivery [​IMG]

4. Stacykins

Stacykins Overrun With Chickens

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    I wish I was as lucky as you. I live in Michigan, and the hatchery is in Ohio, just a state away. My 15 chicks were shipped on the 1st, but they only arrived today, the 4th. I picked them up from the post office, all dead.

5. VkyVky

VkyVky Out Of The Brooder

Apr 13, 2011
    Ventura County, CA
    Stacykins-
    Oh, so sorry! It looks like the Post Office took too long. Very sad.

6. Amarisus

Amarisus Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2011
    Fallbrook CA
    Quote:That is just aweful. I just wanna give you some of our peeps, as we just had ten hatch yesterday. Unfortunately were all the way in California and I would not be comfortable shipping our babies that far. I hope you can get some more soon.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by