A growing family!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by MaestrosMomma, Dec 1, 2011.

1. MaestrosMomma

MaestrosMomma Out Of The Brooder

Jul 11, 2010
    Today is an exciting day! It's hatch day and I am trying to wait nicely, lol. Just wanted to share my little family with everyone. Anyone who cares to take a guess of pullets or roos in regards to my preteens I would love it!

Here we have Romeo roo and Mia (who soon became Momma Mia, lol)
    [​IMG]

Momma Mia was a wonderful momma!
    [​IMG]

They had Lily and Sunny (sexing guess? I can't tell)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now it's Lucy's turn at mothering! I bought 7 fert eggs and today is hatch day!!!!![​IMG] Lucy is getting annoyed at my 15 min checks, lol. I can't think of anything else right now [​IMG] Here she is today sitting on her hopefully 7 babies!
    [​IMG]

Come on babies....[​IMG]

2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    So exciting for you! I love the pics you took......Keep us posted on the hatch......[​IMG]

3. LoveNewChicks

LoveNewChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 30, 2011
    I don't know,
    My Coop
    cute [​IMG]

4. Magic Birdie

Magic Birdie Overrun With Chickens

May 3, 2011
    Magic Birdie land
    [​IMG]

5. flowergirl60

flowergirl60 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2011
    Austin Tx
    How sweet is that. Thank you for sharing.[​IMG]

6. MaestrosMomma

Jul 11, 2010
    We got peeps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

How many I don't know. I lifted momma up on her side once and even though I was expecting it I was surprised to see a precious TINY peep looking right at me. [​IMG]

I exploded in joy! Funny how exciting it is for us humans [​IMG] I did catch a glimps of some unhatched eggs so it's still happening as I type. I tried to look again but Lucy is having none of that. Most likely because it is SOOOOOOOOOO cold out! I have a heat lamp of course but no more peeking for me right now.[​IMG]

Oh I hope I hope I hope for 6 more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. MaestrosMomma

Jul 11, 2010
    Thank you. I am so loving this family raising backyard happiness!!!!!! I love the way the momma "talks" to her babies. When the other two were babies and I would come with egg yolk she would stat talking to them and picking up the yolk and putting it down in front of them and talk some more. I love this so much! Pictures tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!

8. MaestrosMomma

Jul 11, 2010
    Still only one hatched [​IMG] Hope this is normal.....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by