A Journey Through a Different Way - Funny Story Pg. 69

Thank you for this wonderful thread. You have inspired us to be brave and take all the good and bad in balance and raise our small flock at liberty.

Thank you for the kind note. It was years ago that I started on this journey and began this thread. As I read back over it I remember times of joy and laughter and times of saddness and tears. It's been quite a journey. We came to this place and began our farm with 13 chickens, 3 cats and 2 dogs. Today it would be impossible to count the total number of chickens, and then there's peafowl, ducks, guineas, goose, goats, a ram, and a herd of "wild" Appaloosa horses just to name a few. We now open our farm up to tours, especially to schools, so children can see a working farm and see animals raised in a natural environment.

I have thoroughly enjoyed your post and pictures. I have 25 chicks all about a week in a half old. It is supposed to be 45 here today with a little wind. Is that too cold to take them outside? they have been in a brooder of 95 degrees. This is my first time with chicks and want to do the right thing?

It's been a couple of years since I last updated my Journey thread. I've been working my farm, raising lots of animals, and we're open for tours (by appointment) so life has been busy. I'm also on FaceBook as "Bethel Farms" so I haven't been on BYC with farm updates but I have lots of daily pictures and posts on my FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bethel-Farms/234302603318177?ref=hl

I found that I had lots of messages and even comments on old threads that I hadn't known about. Maybe I can get all caught up and up to date? I know I still get messages from people who find my bumblefoot and crop surgery threads. What a journey it's all been and to think it started with a few baby chicks.

Back
Top Bottom