A little bit about my life... and the 600 page book I'm writing :)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Tigress, Jul 15, 2010.

1. Tigress

Tigress Out Of The Brooder

Jul 15, 2010
    Hello!

I'm trying to write a 600 page book. Only 150 more pages to go...

But anyways, I'm a highschool girl living in NE TX. I love the four chickens I have and also the four cats, four finches and three dogs.

How it all began:
    I've got horrible scoliosis (S-shaped spine) so I've got to pick between physical therapy or surgery that could leave me like a vegetable if they make a mistake... yeah. I chose the therapy. The doctor reccommended I take up riding lessons at a nearby ranch. I picked a beautiful, big black draft stallion with a curly maine/tail and even a small beard on his chin. He is gorgeous.

When I am working with this horse all I think about besides him is this book. I can only think of such ideas for it when I am around him... I don't know why! I'm guessing because I also use him to treat my depression and anxiety.

The 600 page book-to-be is called Betraying Mother Venus
    I'll only give a rough summary of the plotline:
    It is about a mortal goddess who finds out she is being used like a lab rat by gods of higher power/rank. There is more to it, a lot more, but I don't want to give it away for fear that someone might steal the idea.
    Lol and the goddess's name is NOT Venus. These are completely made up characters and stories, I did not take them from the legends of anyone else's anything... maybe a name or two that I liked, but that's it.

I have a great feeling about this book, and all the family members and friends are telling me that if I don't write more soon they'll die of waiting.
    But if I do make any money at all off of it, then a good portion of it is going to the animal shelters. [​IMG] The rest for family... and to spoil some chickens. That and I'll go and buy some dirt cheap acreage out here and have my own poultry flocks and become a breeder. JUST YOU WAIT. One day I'll post a thread wanting all the SQ stock eggs I can get [​IMG]

If this book doesn't sell, then I'll keep writing until one does. Nothing can stop me now! [​IMG]

You'd better get out of this thread if you're here to spoil the fun. *Boots out party poopers* I don't care what negative things you have to say, but if you feel the need to say them then just get out. This is MY FUN THREAD.

2. Omran

Omran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I wish you the best Luck with your Book, and I pray for tou to get cured and have the best health, I wish I can write two sentences without a mistake 600 pages,Girl here you Go.
    God bless you.

3. squeakyballs

squeakyballs Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2009
    Tucson, AZ
    [​IMG]

4. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    [​IMG] from SE Texas and good luck with your book!

5. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Good luck on your book, it's worth it to finish it! I have mild scoliosis, grew up on horse back, competing you name it. I wish you the best.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by