A little bit of road rage!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeatKing

Songster
10 Years
Sep 13, 2009
Near Ottawa Ontario Canada
So I'm driving home after a long day at work. Picked up kiddies, on my way home. I live in the country. So driving home, youngest 2 yrs crying, four year old saying something, but really can't hear over the baby
sad.png
I'm like 4 min from home. Some jack___ cuts me off to get in front... grrr, no one behind me & no one coming... Why couldn't they just wait, so I'm annoyed already!!! She decides she's turning right, perfect, cuase I know there's a turning lane!!! Good-bye Jack___ right. Well she only got half in the lane, so I had to hit my brakes again!!! grrr, really. that hard to get in your own lane!!!
So I honked my horn, just once, quick.. you know I didn't give her the whole treatment. She gives me the finger,turns, I give her the finger. As I'm driving away I get a glimps of her in the rearview mirror. Yup that's Noah and Owens mom from the daycare!!! I laughed all the way home... can't wait to say like what, when I see her !!
You must also know this is the same lady who, dropped her kids off, first day of snow.. Last winter, w/ running shoes, no mitts, snowpants ect. We live in Canada, you didn't know it was gonna snow ? So none of the kids got to go outside that day and play, cause her kids had no snow gear.

dam bad drivers!

The way people drive around scares the you know what out of me. Phone stuck in the ear, weaving all over the road, doing 50MPH in the fast lane right next to a car doing the same speed. You should be able to get a discount on your insurance if you run them off the road.
smile.png

Steve

I have a friend who advocates a dash mounted paint ball gun. Any driver having more than three colors of paint gets an automatic ticket for driving like an idiot. I LOVE this idea.

mom'sfolly :

I have a friend who advocates a dash mounted paint ball gun. Any driver having more than three colors of paint gets an automatic ticket for driving like an idiot. I LOVE this idea.

I think this is a BRILLIANT idea!! I would absolutely support it!​

I was towing a tractor last week an someone pulled out in front of me. I changed lanes in to on coming traffic to keep from hitting them in the back but took my lane back after my truck cleared them.... The tractor on the other hand was at there door.... Tractor was tied down pretty good cause I about jackknifed the trailer with that move an the tractor didn't move. I'm not getting sandwiched between a car an a tractor when I can keep from it. For some reason seeing a tractor swinging wildly at them made them get the heck away from me.... Once they got back on the road anyway.

We get yelled at a lot when driving farm equipment around, because its slow and takes up a lot of space. Sheesh, where the he#$ do you think your cherios come from, the cherio fairy??

I don't want to play 'mine's bigger than yours' but you guys have it easy on the roads.

It's difficult to convey a fair impression of driving conditions here in words but I'll give a few examples. First, imagine that, until a few decades ago, the only means of transport was buffalo carts and some slow moving farm machines. Then assume that no-one has ever been shown how differently you must ride or drive a faster modern vehicle.

Most families have at least a small motorcycle such as a 100cc Honda. The law says that riders must wear helmets. The usual interpretation of that is that you wear one near to known police road blocks where they check documents. Youthful riders have not the slightest idea of road safety or manners. They will hurtle out from a side road without looking. They appear from nowhere and cut across you. The use the motorcycle hard shoulder lanes but in both directions day or night. Whole families will ride on one small machine. I frequently see two adults, a child and a baby together. I've seen an eight year old riding a bike - way under age, no licence and no insurance. Some families, of course, have no other means of transport.

Four wheeled vehicles, trucks and coaches will pull out in front of you to pass a slower vehicle at the last moment as you are about to pass them. They drive the wrong way up a motorcycle hard shoulder. They sometimes don't turn on their lights when visibility is poor - they say that they are saving the battery. Pick ups will carry up to fifteen people in the bed. Big trucks carry workers in the back and they stand on the load behind the cab, presumably to get bugs in their eyes and to make sure that the fly high if there's and accident.

Even the dogs have a death wish, sleeping on dark village roads at night.

Those are just a few examples. In addition to the seemingly endless list of stupid and dangerous things that go on is the startling frequency with which they occur.

We learn to drive defensively and accept that all this is a price we pay for the other freedoms that we enjoy here. The greater awareness and skills of anticipation of a good Western driver are sufficient to avoid accidents except with those who are determined to have one. Being cut up and getting caught by a white line straddler is not even worthy of comment here. Whatever happens, you shouldn't get angry or wave fingers - at least, that's what my wife keeps telling me.
big_smile.png

It is kind of a shame that you can't shoot big 'Stupid Stickers" at drivers like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom