A little fun. I can tell you the mix but...

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Hensndoes, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Hensndoes

Hensndoes Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2017
    What will hatch? Back story: normally sweet Freckles went mean cuckoo broody and started biting me when I kick her off the nest = fine here's some eggs. She was also getting spanked by her roomies for her puffiness and tude. Gave her 5 due to hatch around July 4th.

Roo is the bantam Cochin in my profile pic. Technically I think he is mottled as he had a white feather on his toe and white beside on each side of his comb. He is from last February.

3 eggs were from my LB speckled Sussex. I had cracked 5 of her most recent eggs and all were fertile.

2 other eggs were from a LB GLW. I'm not sure about her fert rate but she lays watery eggs and I wanted to put more than 3 under the broody.

I know there is a chicken calculator but I don't understand that thing.

Thanks and I hope to follow up with pics!

2. Crazy for Chickens!

Crazy for Chickens! Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2017
    US
    I have chicks hatching on July 5th!

Hensndoes likes this.
  3. Hensndoes

Hensndoes Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2017
    Freedom babies! But what are my mutts going to look like? Broody Freckles was moved this afternoon. In the daylight. Settled immediately on her plush nest I made her.

4. Crazy for Chickens!

Crazy for Chickens! Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2017
    US
    I haven't ever hatched out crosses of that mix, so I dont know. I guess it will be a surprise!

AmyCat98 likes this.
  5. AmyCat98

AmyCat98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2017
    Everybody post a pic of ur fav chickens

Crazy for Chickens! likes this.
  6. AmyCat98

Jun 20, 2017
    for some reason my pics aren't uploading I will have to try later I guess lol

7. AmyCat98

Jun 20, 2017
    ok I'm not gonna post a pic but my sis has a cute barred Plymouth barred and Welsummer mix and she is SO cute

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by