A Little help figuring out breeds and sex

ATrumble

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 26, 2013
I was just hoping that someone could help me figure out the breeds and sex of my chickens, they are almost 4 months old in these photos. Also there is 1 I think might be a rooster but I haven't heard any crowing, are they still to young? Thanks for any help in advance

This is Sivir, I believe this is a Rhode Island Red Hen

This is Kassie, hen maybe? no clue on breed

This is Kayle, Hen? also no clue on breed

This is Morgana(may be needing a new name lol), Rooster? breed?

Welcome to BYC! Sivir looks like a Production Red hen, Kassie is a Red Sex Link hen, and Kayle may be a Dixie Rainbow (Pioneer) hen. I don't know what breed Morgana is (any other BYC members?).

Welcome to BYC!  Sivir looks like a Production Red hen, Kassie is a Red Sex Link hen, and Kayle may be a Dixie Rainbow (Pioneer) hen.  I don't know what breed Morgana is (any other BYC members?).

X2
I'm not really sure what the last two are, but they remind me of cream legbars. Definitely pretty. The last one is a roo

welcome-byc.gif

How positive are you on age? They all look like hens, but that last bird especially looks older than 4 months.
Hatchery Rhode Island Red
Red sex link
Two mixed breed birds.

I thought maybe baby photos from the day i brought them home would help identify breeds

Sivir

Morgana and Kayle, not sure which is which

Kassie

Group Photo with their duckling friends

I'd agree on the last two being Pioneers or Dixie Rainbows or whatever similar type that particular hatchery sells. I'm still thinking all hens, although that last bird looks pretty mature, I'd expect to be seeing something a lot different if she were male.

Looking at the chick pictures, I still think that Sivir is a Production Red, Kassie is a Red Sex Link, and Kayle (and Morgana too) are Dixie Rainbows (Pioneers) and they are all hens.

Thanks for all the help. It wasn't really ever very important I just really like to know

Back
Top Bottom