1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

A little more identification help please! What Breed?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by duckweed, Jan 25, 2012.

1. duckweed

duckweed New Egg

Jan 19, 2012
    The below pictures are of some chicks that are around 10 - 11 weeks old. Can you help to identify what breeds these are? Also is the last one a rooster?

Thanks

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
  2. RedPyleLady

RedPyleLady Out Of The Brooder

Jan 24, 2012
    it hink the first and third one are hens the second is questionable and I think the last one if a rooster :) u have a very pretty bird in the third pic :)

3. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    last ones a cockerel and the rest are pullets...the 2nd pic looks like it could be an aldesion (sp) blue but the rest i have no clue about

4. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    the blue looks like a andalusion
    pic 3 looks like a fayoumis or campine
    last is a roo

5. BlueCamas

BlueCamas Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2011
    Milwaukie, Oregon
    It's hard to tell the breed on the first one, maybe you could post a better picture? Is it just my screen or does it have blue legs?
    The second one looks like a Blue Andalusian. The third looks like a Campine. The last one looks like a New Hampshire Barred Rock cross maybe? Oh, and he's definitely a roo.
    Hope this helps!

6. StarLover21

StarLover21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2011
    The first and last look like some sort of rhode island red crosses. The last is a rooster. Number two is a blue andulasian. Number three is a silver campine.

Silver Campine:

[​IMG]

Blue Andulasian:

[​IMG]

7. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    1st is hard to tell much from the pic but I would guess a Rhode Island red pullet, 2nd looks to be an Andalusian pullet, 3rd silver Campine or Egyptian Fayoumi pullet, and 4th appears to be a Sicilian Buttercup cockerel.

8. BlueCamas

BlueCamas Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2011
    Milwaukie, Oregon
    Does the 4th cockerel have some random barred feathers?

9. stephanie1992

stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

i dnt know what the first is but the rest are blue andalusian pullet, silver campine pullet, and buttercup cockrel

10. duckweed

duckweed New Egg

Jan 19, 2012
    Thanks for all the responses, they have helped. On the first picture she has white ears and sould be a pure breed. Came from McMurray.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by