A little mystery chick with feathered legs. What could she be?

Quote:
Do you think that the bigger EEs as well as the Cinnamon Queens will pick on her?

I have bantams and large fowl mixed together with no problems. As long as the little ones have access to a place to hide, they should be fine.
smile.png

Quote:
So far she's the loudest and proudest of the chicks. She keeps up just fine with the 3 EEs but I am concerned when we introduce them to the older hens and the roo.

Mine are integrated with the big girls now, and no one got hurt in the process. My roo is a bantam, though, I had to get rid of my lf roo before integrated for other reasons. I don't have experience with it, but I would be a little concerned about having a bantam pullet with a full size roo. Hopefully someone who knows will chime in. I would hate for her to get squished!

Quote:
Oh I hope he doesn't get nasty. I'm a bit concerned about integrating the new chicks with the older (by 2 months) ones.

Here's the roo, he's only 3 months but that's still 2months older than the chicks.

100767_louie_080911.jpg

She/he looks just like my light brahma when she was her age but the leg color throws me off so im going for a light brahma cross maybe with an EE. hope this helps
smile.png

Quote:
Are the rules for determining sex for the Light Brahma Bantams the same as EEs? Comb, saddle feathers, crowing
cool.png
etc?

Back
Top Bottom